General Information

It is mandatory that, all business within the district’s jurisdiction obtain a Business Operation Permit. Business Operating Permit is a license that enables an individual or group of people to undertake/do business within the district as required by law. This license is renewed annually from the day of issuance.

The Revenue Unit of the Assembly is in charge of this activity and is responsible for collecting the required fee for it. Our Revenue Unit is located on the ground floor of the Assembly’s Building. You can please contact them for further information.

How to Obtain Business Operating Permit

  • Write an application or introductory letter to the District Chief Executive stating the Name of Business, Type of Business and Location of Business.
  • Add all relevant documents (Certificate to Commence Business, Certificate of incorporation etc .if any)
  • Cross check of the relevant documents with the Registrar General Department and other issuing authority like the Bank of Ghana for financial institutions.
  • Inspection of office premises if necessary.
  • A bill is generated and served on the applicant with reference to the Local Government Act (Act 462) sections 34, 78, 94, 98 and also in accordance with the Fee Fixing Resolution of the Denkyembour District Assembly depending on the type and location of the business.
  • A Receipt and a Certificate are issued after payment.
  • The Certificate is renewable yearly.

Applying for Business Permit

The Denkyembour District Assembly requires that anyone or organization intending to carry on a business or profession as a whole should first endeavor to apply for an Operating License to make legal the existence of the business. The Revenue Unit of the District Assembly as indicated earlier handles the Applications of this license.

Temporary Permit

  • An applicant receives a Temporary permit that last for 90 days immediately after producing the above requirement.
  • During this period, the Assembly does its due diligence, background checks and processing in order to generate a Permanent permit for the Applicant.

Business Changes and Closure

Any change of name of business or closure of business should also be communicated to the same outfit so that we can update our records for future decisions. Please note that an operating license is not transferable. Transfer of ownership is considered termination of license agreement. Also, a new business cannot use the license of an old business.

Business License Renewal

Businesses in the district must renew their Business Operating Permits Licenses Annually. The renewal can be done using the same procedure you passed through in applying for the operating License.