Environmental Health Services
Contemporary environmental health services by promoting and protecting public health and safety through collaboration innovation and strategic standard enforcement.
Food Handlers’ Certificate
Food handlers or food vendors medical examination is done across all four (4) area/urban council.
Note:This process takes two (2) weeks to complete and only medically fit clients will be issued with the food handler’s card.
- Standard enforcement
- Health impact
- Pest control
- Environmental and health impact control
- Standard and environmental monitoring
- Prevent and control pollution
- Health and safety
- Environmental monitoring
Application letter addressed to the Director (District Environmental Health Unit)
Destruction of Unwholesome Items
Application letter addressed to the Director (District Environmental Health Unit) specifying the item to be destroyed and quantity.
Suitability Health Certificates
Client should go to the District Environmental Health Unit
Environmental Monitoring Control
- Noise nuisance
- Smoke nuisance
- Dust nuisance
Complaint of noise nuisance should be made at the District Health Department.
A letter indicating the area, the address and signature of the affected persons should be added as a supporting document.
Grave Space Acquisition
All burials in the district must first pass through this department, after obtaining burial permit from Births and Deaths Department. Whether at a public, private or a family cemetery.
To obtain a grave space you will need the medical cause of death from an approved health institution.
One would need;
- Application letter addressed to the Director of Health
- Court order (From a Higher Court)
- Copy of burial permit
- Death certificate
- Cause of death
- Identification of the disease person
- Identification of grave or burial place
- Payment is made through the approved payment systems in accordance with the gazetted fee.
Pauper Burial / Unclaimed Bodies
One would need;
- Police (Coroner’s certificate from court)
- Letter from Police or verbal complain to the Director
Note: All pauper cases should be reported to the police.